:

My photo
:, Indonesia
I do not speak my truth to antagonize you.... I share this swollen river running -- This waterfall of faith-- because it flows from me like lennon's endless rain.... --my paper cup: this poem-- to which an endless string of words spill out and on to... I stain the sentences with abundant articulations that boil inside of me... I thirst, I starve, I crave. and all that quenches... all that can satiate me is to open the faucet and allow the words to run... They skip and dance across themselves... They formulate on their way out like fireworks deciding which way they will face when they open and sizzle in the night air... And when they do... it's a sight to behold. It shocks me like the boom, and takes me aback to see what has emerged. And Keroac knew. He knew all along... that I was one. As my words explode like spiders across the sky... I watch in staggering wonder at my truth revealed and know that I am home here. I have taken my vow... signed in blood... solemnly sworn myself in... been hazed and pinky promised... and I know... without the shadow of a doubt... that I am a mad one. ...and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

once again decieved by a garden...

i came to this garden for healing...
and have left
whipped by the wind...
and burned by the sun...
more crippled then when i came.

who knew a divine light could blind you?

"i did not think you had the capacity to hurt me." i wept to the sun.
but too long in the light, and my skin was seared.

just days ago,
i closed my eyes,
and basked in the summer breeze
... forgetting how easily the winds can change.

and now i sit,
lifeless and collapsed...
burned and chapped...

and you ran away.

you turn your face,
as not to see,
the key you hold,
to the other half
of my freedom...
my salvation...

it stays clutched in your closed left fist.


without your half...
without your hands to lift your end of this weight that crushes me
i am pinned...
trapped...
and slowly dying...
becoming paralyzed...
again.

getting lost in my mind...
...and drowning in my own tears.

but as kahlil gibran told us "there must be something sacred in salt. its in the ocean and its in our tears."

so now you see why i beckon you towards the sea.

i need you to come to the place where my tears fall and the waves crash... so we can fall in step with the tempo of the crashing waves and allow our tears to fall in time.
and then in sync with one another
we will lift
the weight of this sadness
and rise above
to where the air is clear

where the wind is a gentle breeze... that does not whip my skin
and the fire is a still candle flame... that does not burn your skin

and THEN we will be free and my breath will not stutter on the way in.

No comments:

Post a Comment