:

My photo
:, Indonesia
I do not speak my truth to antagonize you.... I share this swollen river running -- This waterfall of faith-- because it flows from me like lennon's endless rain.... --my paper cup: this poem-- to which an endless string of words spill out and on to... I stain the sentences with abundant articulations that boil inside of me... I thirst, I starve, I crave. and all that quenches... all that can satiate me is to open the faucet and allow the words to run... They skip and dance across themselves... They formulate on their way out like fireworks deciding which way they will face when they open and sizzle in the night air... And when they do... it's a sight to behold. It shocks me like the boom, and takes me aback to see what has emerged. And Keroac knew. He knew all along... that I was one. As my words explode like spiders across the sky... I watch in staggering wonder at my truth revealed and know that I am home here. I have taken my vow... signed in blood... solemnly sworn myself in... been hazed and pinky promised... and I know... without the shadow of a doubt... that I am a mad one. ...and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

some more stuff

here are some facts for you to know about me. (if for any reason you might find yourself interested)

1. i've always wanted to be a stunt person

2. my parents named me planning to call me "xani" but i changed it to "zan" when i was 9.

3. i had lived in 12 houses when i was 10 yrs old, including a few in germany and switzerland.

4. i am convinced that my parents are like those gypsie people in the movie "chocolat" that have to put on red capes and move towns when the wind changes.

5. i got legally married at 19

6. i can play the bass.... badly... thanks to the turquoise bass jamie bought me three years ago and i only picked up a few months ago.

7. i really like socks of all sorts, and i keep single socks that lost their pair in a drawer called the "sock grave"

8. i LOVE cleaning my apartment, and go on a rampage from time to time... scrubbing for hours and hours.

9. there was a time in my life when i actually believed i was from the planet zork and would speak gibberish to myself to prove it.

10. i love snowboarding and have never even put on a pair of skis.

11. sometimes when i am alone i think of something funny and burst in to laughter... but i'm talking the kind of laughter where i cant breathe and my eyes water and my stomach muscles hurts

12. i taught preschool for four years at a jewish temple even though i was raised catholic

13. when i was a kid my "security blanket" was a stupid paperback book called "one hundred and one funny bunny jokes" and i left it in a symphony hall one time and cried for days until my dad went back and found it (or bought me a new one... i cant be sure)

14. we weren't allowed to watch TV as kids... we had ONE video of the sound of music and ONE of westside story with the last half recorded over... When i finally saw the whole thing of westside story, i was like.. HEY! It doesn't end like that! You added all this fighting stuff in! thanks mom. that was almost as cool a moment as when i didnt know who new kids on the block were in third grade.

15. i was in AWE when i went to Melissa Wenke's house and she could maneuver a TV remote control without looking at it.

16. My sisters and I put on plays in the garage wherever we lived and got REALLY serious about them. we wrote scripts, had costumes (from the amazing costume trunk), masks (left over from the opera), makeup (stolen from mom's purse), and sets (made out of indian bedspreads)

17. when we lived in switzerland my mom was so depressed from the cold, dark winter she would blast the heat, put us in little bathing suits and grass skirts and blare latin music and we would have dance parties all day...

18. i think i am mildly agoraphobic... i hate the IDEA of going out and being social.. but then once i am out i am totally fine..

19. when i lived in London, i worked at the society of trust and estate practitioners.... i couldn't tell you why.

20. when i moved back from London I immediately bought a convertible, became a yoga instructor and realized i would never leave California again.

21. If i could, i would eat only raw foods forever.

22. I got kicked out of Pali High... twice.

23. I love cooking shows, even though i can't eat ONE thing they cook due to my bizarre eating regulations...

24. I've had two houses burn down. One was a forest fire, one was an electrical fire.

25. I have two tattoos... both i got before I was 17 with a fake ID.

No comments:

Post a Comment