:

My photo
:, Indonesia
I do not speak my truth to antagonize you.... I share this swollen river running -- This waterfall of faith-- because it flows from me like lennon's endless rain.... --my paper cup: this poem-- to which an endless string of words spill out and on to... I stain the sentences with abundant articulations that boil inside of me... I thirst, I starve, I crave. and all that quenches... all that can satiate me is to open the faucet and allow the words to run... They skip and dance across themselves... They formulate on their way out like fireworks deciding which way they will face when they open and sizzle in the night air... And when they do... it's a sight to behold. It shocks me like the boom, and takes me aback to see what has emerged. And Keroac knew. He knew all along... that I was one. As my words explode like spiders across the sky... I watch in staggering wonder at my truth revealed and know that I am home here. I have taken my vow... signed in blood... solemnly sworn myself in... been hazed and pinky promised... and I know... without the shadow of a doubt... that I am a mad one. ...and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

meteors and music

yesterday we went out to lake elsinore baseball diamond and watched willie nelson, john cougar mellencamp, and bob dylan rock out.

it was me, jame, BB, candie, and sean... and it was so so so fun.

we arrived in lake elsinore around 4pm and i swear it was 400 degrees. it was like hitting a wall of heat. the line to get in was all the way through the parking lot, so we stood in the boiling sun getting total heatstroke, but combating it.. err adding to it more like... with our alchoholic beverages! finally we got in and went straight down to the field to set up our blankets.
BB has been the biggest willie fan for-ever. shes seen him around 30 times. i didnt get it until i saw him. he is just so engaging and loving and happy and is still an INCREDIBLE performer at age 76! i fell in love with him right then and there. i felt like he was singing straight to me!

we were right up at the front of the stage while he was performing and then retreated to our blankets that were not far away from the stage for john mellencamp. (i have had "aint that america" stuck in my head since he sang it)... he was great too, but nothing like willie. he sang as the sun started to go down. (thank god).... although we were still sweating from dancing around like crazies.

finally, bob dylan came on. i am HUGE dylan fan, but he always disappoints in concert. BUT he was way better then he was last time we went and saw him down in san diego. he is just so cool on stage. last time he didnt even pick up a guitar... at least this time he was playing and singing instead of talk/mubmling.... but i still loved it.

at one point BB and i went over to the grass and lay down looking up at the stars singing along.. but doing our OWN rendition.. the way he used to sing when he was younger and poorer and actually wanted us to love him. in my head i was totally doing a duet with him! and as i was lying there i saw a shooting star and then two more and then i remembered that there was a meteor shower going on!! there was so much light coming off the stage i only saw those three, but it was pretty cool to think that bob dylan was singing just feet away from me underneath a meteor showered sky.

life is pretty beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment