:

My photo
:, Indonesia
I do not speak my truth to antagonize you.... I share this swollen river running -- This waterfall of faith-- because it flows from me like lennon's endless rain.... --my paper cup: this poem-- to which an endless string of words spill out and on to... I stain the sentences with abundant articulations that boil inside of me... I thirst, I starve, I crave. and all that quenches... all that can satiate me is to open the faucet and allow the words to run... They skip and dance across themselves... They formulate on their way out like fireworks deciding which way they will face when they open and sizzle in the night air... And when they do... it's a sight to behold. It shocks me like the boom, and takes me aback to see what has emerged. And Keroac knew. He knew all along... that I was one. As my words explode like spiders across the sky... I watch in staggering wonder at my truth revealed and know that I am home here. I have taken my vow... signed in blood... solemnly sworn myself in... been hazed and pinky promised... and I know... without the shadow of a doubt... that I am a mad one. ...and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

the romance of happenstance

the sun rose a pink chiffon sheet across the clouds this morning.
as if to square off
to the golden yellow sphere of fire making its sacred entrance for the day...

every shade of indigo and lilac domed between the two sights.

the reflection of the east's beauty held in and witnessed by the west.

as the world grew brighter with each passing moment...
i felt your eyes open in mine.
...and together we closed them again, in bliss, as if to linger on the ever dissolving flavor of the mirrored dreams we had just woken up from.

two lives spent learning, discovering the unity of the all.
like two hands of a prayer finding out that we are one...
only to find one another in bodies walking through doors.

...Our soul that is in me has gazed at the moon, while yours prayed to the sun.
And we chased each other, ourselves around the universe.
Like the yawning sun that goes to bed, just as the moon appears and begins to search through the milky light for what's already gone.

flying like eagles that never stopped soaring.
and then we paused for just a moment, owls perched on driftwood with eyes fixed on the horizon, and we inhaled together.
and there you were.


the eclipse i'd waited my life to see.


and then it was time for me to go.
but...
i'll wait for you... and i'll burn.
will i ever see your sweet return?
will i ever learn?

i saw your spirit in the ocean reef.
i yearned to dive in and swim around you...
explore every inch.
aware that you could cut me and hurt me...
but too mesmerized by your beauty to care.

the waves break because of you.
you and the moon conduct the tides.
the tides that are in our veins.
the tides that pulled us to one another in the first place.

like the tear that hangs inside my soul forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment